Monday, June 24, 2013

A Fresh Week.

I really, really wanted to go camping over the weekend.  I knew the weather wasn't supposed to be great, but that didn't curb my desire.  I kept thinking, it's going to be nice.  It's going to be nice.  Saturday morning we woke up to rain showers and I finally gave in and decided sitting in a tent in the cold rain all weekend would not be a fun time.  I reminded myself it is still early in the summer and there are more camping adventures to come.  We settled for a weekend at home.  A cool summer day is best spent soaking at a local hot springs sipping some locally brewed beer.  That is just my opinion of course.

This was nice, but by Sunday I had a strong need to get out into the mountains, fresh air and away from everything.

I've been having a hard time clearing my head these past few days.  There's been some stuff going on.  I think this is what was driving the longing to go camping.  There is something about being up in the mountains that brings me a sense of calm.  Looking up at towering mountains or down at the world from the top makes everything else seem small.  When I made the suggestion to go for a hike on Sunday I was met with mixed reactions from the family.  The girls wanted to but wanted to hike the "M" trail right here in town.  Matt had a couple of suggestions also, but he must have sensed I needed more because he quickly agreed to go wherever I wanted.  I think everyone knew I was going with or without them.  As we headed south of town and towards Hyalite I could feel my breaths getting deeper, the jumping thoughts in my mind settle and by the time we reached the reservoir I had not a care in the world.  

My Sunday afternoon therapy included-
Waterfalls...

Happy little girl and a happy mama...

Picnic at a cold mountain side stream...

And my fashion diva who wears a shorty skirt for an afternoon hike...
I heard more than one person comment on her adorable outfit.  Bright colors contrasting against the green of the trail.  My favorite was a mom telling her son "If that little girl in a skirt can make it up, you certainly can".  

By the time we were home I felt good.  Clear headed.  Ready for a fresh week.  

Our fresh week brings with it good things.  Sister is getting some second (or third, or sixth) opinions in Denver this week.  It is time for some answers for her and I am hoping, praying that is what she gets.  Her being there means we get some extra cousin time.  This makes for happy kids...

After an entire school year of not getting to see each other as often we will be cramming a lot of play in this week.

Besides the extra laughter and noise around the house, I'm really loving eating and cooking with fresh veggies again...

Love the quote.  It is so true.  Summer delights.

Fingers crossed for camping this coming weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment