Friday, November 2, 2012

Oops...

I did a really stupid thing and I'm totally frustrated with it.  Now in my real world realities of medical flukes and brain absesises, this is very small and doesn't deserve any of my frustrations or loss of sleep.  However I am going to take a moment to have a pity party and decide how to proceed. 

Last night after I wrote my sweet little Halloween blog post I began searching for some other things to work with my photos.  I accidently ended up deleting all FIVE FREAKIN HUNDRED photos I've used on my blog.  Gone.  Vanished.  Because I made a hasty decision without thinking it through.  Now instead of a photo of my beautiful girls, or a delicious meal or some fun thing we've done you see a giant black blank.

In my anger last night I told Matt I was done with it.  Writing is a creative outlet for me that I enjoy and if I'm not enjoying it, I'm not doing it and I quit.  (I said this all rather dramatically and in a really down on yourself way)  My loving husband was very positive saying, you can't quit, you're great, just add them back in or start fresh...blah, blah, blah.  I didn't take his positive attitude well because it wasn't invited to the pity party.  (I think I said something along the lines of suck it)

In the light of morning I realize how silly I was and just feel sad about all the work I have put into this blog being gone.  I still feel like maybe I just want to stop.  I'm going to disconnect for the weekend.  No blog, no facebook, no email.  Then I'll decide what I want to.

Just wanted you to know why it looks the way it does. 

As always...hope your weekend is happy.

2 comments:

  1. That is so frustrating Angie - sorry. :( Good luck with your disconnected weekend and enjoy your awesome family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That SUCKS!!!! If it makes you feel any better my memory card got wiped out with ALL I mean ALL of McKinley's birth/coming home pictures. I don't have a single picture of my daughter and I the day she was born... or the few days after. (I still get so mad and want to cry)
    I know how you feel! Technology is so frustrating!
    Please come back!!

    ReplyDelete