Monday, November 5, 2012

A Fresh Start...

Okay...the pity party is officially over.  Thank you for letting me pout about it and and saying nice things.  For making it seem like it does suck, even if there are way worse things going on in the world.  It felt good to disconnect for the weekend.  Everything is just so easily assessable, it's easy to check in on things many times throughout the day and forget to live your day. When you consciously disconnect, it's a nice break.  Although, I did miss my Pinterest world...that's just such a happy place.  I always knew I was the type of person that wasn't going to just give up...that's not my style.  I'm starting fresh, but staying exactly the same.  I am going to slowly add back all 500 photos because I don't want this story to be incomplete if someone is reading old posts.  I want to be able to look back at something I wrote from a few months back and see my darling girls smiling back at me...not a blank.  I think my photos are part of my story here and they need to be included, so I will do it.  It may take months or I might go crazy one night and do them all, we'll see.  

I decided the best way to get back in was a good ol' list of my happy, disconnected weekend.

-The pure joy of jumping in a pile of leaves...


We don't have a ton of big trees in our yard yet, but a couple of them put out some good leaves in the fall.  Their piles weren't huge, but enough for little girls to continually rake them up, get a running start and jump into them.  That is pure happiness.


-My little Lebanese girls chowing on some grape leaves...

I was making some grape leaves to take over to our neighbors to watch the game on Saturday.  The girls kept coming in asking for some of the leaves.  I finally gave them a bowl of them and they sat outside eating them like they were pickles out of a jar.  As someone who had no idea that grape leaves were something you actually ate until I met Matt finds this so adorable.  It makes me happy.

-Creativity...

We moved our patio furniture in for the winter.  This opened up some room and it wasn't long before the girls were racing around on trikes they are way too old to be on.  Soon we had roads, complete with traffic controls, houses, the beach and Target of course.  It was so warm out and as I sat with the sun on my face, listening to their squeals of laughter I felt very happy.

-Nephews...


I was meant to be a mom of girls.  I get down with Barbies, dolls, dress up and princesses and don't know how I would do with Legos, rough housing and stinky boy things.  However, I LOVE my nephews.  From the first moment I held Steven and felt what being an aunt was all about, I was hooked.  Now I have five of them and they are pretty fantastic.  The other day was a rare moment when just my two youngest nephews were there...they make me smile.

-Boy Date Night...

Every once in awhile Matt takes over date night.  The first time he did it he came home with a 6 pack and nachos from Mackenzie River.  There were no complaints from me.  As much as I love cooking a nice romantic meal, I can get down with some good beer and take out.  For this one he decided to cook.  He made cat fish with a lemon, white wine, caper cream sauce and it was oh so good.  I got to sit back with a glass of wine while he cooked and then just enjoy.  I think this boy date night thing will be more than once in awhile.

Baking...

I love baking for whatever reason.  When there's a birthday or some celebration involved it just gets better.  This weekend was my mother in laws birthday and we got to make the dessert.  She is someone who works very hard to make birthdays special for everyone around her.  Because of that (and because I just like to go birthday crazy) I try extra hard to make it special for her.  It was a lovely celebration.

It was a good weekend.  Followed by reconnecting to the virtual world and finding kind words from friends.  Life is good.

Happy Monday and don't forget to vote tomorrow.  Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment