1. Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins. I went to the pumpkin patch with Ava last week, but we just had to do it again this weekend as a family...
Layla was bummed that she didn't get to go for a field trip like her sis so Saturday morning, we bundled up and headed to the farm. We have gone every year since Ava could walk. In fact, check out this blast from the past..
3. Pizza Pie. I know a lot of people are anti carbs, however I have quite a love for them. When you take a pizza, which is already so fantastic, and add an extra layer of crust on top it just takes it to perfection. This was our date night dinner for Friday and we didn't leave one piece behind. It was stuffed with artichoke hearts, cheese, garlic stuffed green olives and few tomatoes cuz they have to go in everything we make for the next few months.
|Matt patiently waiting....|
5. The Return of Artichokes.
During the summer I do not buy vegetables. We eat what we grow and what we get in our CSA. Obviously neither includes artichokes and my girls have a total love affair with them. Now that the growing season is over I bought some as soon as I saw them at the grocery store. Tonight I cooked one up and was met with squeals of delight at the dinner table. One time, Matt and I were watching an Anthony Bourdain episode when he was in Italy. All they cooked was artichoke because it is what was in season at the time. In their country, they eat a ton of what is growing and then when it's done, it's done until next year. Yea, my girls would totally dig artichoke season in Italy.
6. Wii Dancing. Family activities in the evening have turned indoors which means more hide and seek, board games and of course dancing. Tonight we did the latter (after a very diplomatic family vote). We broke out the Wii dance games and busted a move.
It all started as fun and games, but then I had to go and get a little competitive. After a 2 out of 3 loss to Matt we called it quits. I still don't believe I lost, I blame the remote...I have years of dance experience and have the trophies to prove it, right Amy? No way I could have truly lost.
7. Layla Loves. Layla has been getting into the school thing lately, much to my relief. I still get a little sadness here and there and few tears in her eyes. It has made me wonder if everything is going okay at school, if she's making friends, liking her teacher etc. Sunday night I realized there really is just one reason for it, and it's the same as my saddness over it. I was tucking her in and telling her what an awesome weekend I had with her. She got a sad look in her eye as she realized the weekend was over. I asked her what was wrong and she looked at me and said. "I miss you when I'm at school" As I gathered the broken pieces of my heart at this statement I replied..."Me too, baby. Me too"
So there. I'm on board with Fall and embracing it for all it has to offer. We will spend the next months, snuggled inside. I will light candles as I cook dinner, kiss my girls little rosy red cheeks after they've played outside and throw an extra blanket on the bed.