Tuesday, May 29, 2012

This past weekend my blog hit 1,000 page views.  I was so excited and had all these words just forming in my head about a post about reaching what felt like a milestone in my little blog world.  And then our world got rocked.  I got that phone call when your heart stops...my sister had taken a turn for the worse.  And, as I watched the helicopter take her away from our hospital to a bigger hospital so they could prep her for freakin brain surgery I felt shock.  The emotions of the last couple days are just too much to write about right now.  I just wanted to share why this space may be a little empty for a few days while we all try to help my sister and her family during this hard time.  I'm not an overly religious person, but I do have faith and I have been praying up a storm and if you are so inclined, send a prayer up for my sister.  I'm going to try to step up and fill her enormous shoes as a mommy to her littles (and not so little ones) who are all being so brave and strong.  I'm gonna love them like they are my own and try to make them feel safe during a scary time.  
And, now we wait and hope and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment